Planning a successful event
The planning checklist is a "to-do list" designed to assist chapters in preparing for student outreach meetings.
To plan your meeting:
- Organize a committee of volunteers
- Define dates and times for the event (Sept/Oct or Mar/Apr)
- Identify speaker(s)
- Identify a suitable facility and equipment
- Obtain quotes for printing the marketing materials and for the giveaways.
- Obtain quotes for food and beverages.
- Submit an estimated budget for the projected costs for the event to the treasurer.
- Specify a “cut-off” date to determine if the event should be cancelled due to insufficient number of participants.