COBIT is a framework for the governance and management of enterprise Information and Technology that supports enterprise goal achievement. This one-day bridge course highlights the concepts, models and key definitions of the new framework and explains the differences between this recent release of COBIT 2019 with COBIT 5.
Course Learning Outcomes. At the completion of this workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Recognize the context, benefits and key reasons COBIT is used as an information and technology governance framework
- Compare the key attributes of the updated COBIT framework with COBIT 5
- Discover the updated COBIT principles for governance system framework
- Understand the changes to the COBIT publications scheme
- Describe the updated components of a governance system:
- Governance and management objectives
- Components of the governance system
- Focus areas
- Design factors
- Compare the updated COBIT goals cascade with COBIT 5
- Differentiate COBIT based performance management using maturity and capability perspectives
- Discover how to design a tailored governance system using COBIT
- Describe the relationships between the COBIT Design and Implementation Guides
- Explain the key points of the COBIT business case
- Recall the alignment of COBIT with other applicable frameworks, standards and bodies of knowledge
Prerequisites. Students must be a current COBIT5 Foundation certificate holder. The COBIT5 Foundation certificate must be issued by one of ISACAs accreditation bodies (APMG or PeopleCert.)
Intended audience. Current COBIT 5 Foundation Certificate holders who are interested in understanding the key differences between COBIT 5 and COBIT 2019. Additionally, COBIT 5 Foundations Accredited Trainers interested in COBIT 2019 Foundation COBIT 5 Foundation certificate holders may choose to attend the COBIT Framework course instead of the Foundation course.
Course Delivery. Classroom or virtual live instructor led.
Interested in classroom training? View our Accredited Training partners to find COBIT training near you (coming January 2019)
Bring the training to you. For more information on ISACA’s COBIT on-site training program, contact email@example.com.
Proctored exam that is designed to test the learner’s knowledge of the COBIT 2019 framework and key differences between COBIT 5 and COBIT 2019. The exam format will include:
- 20 Multiple Choice Questions
- 40 minutes
- Pass rate is 75%, or 15/20 questions
For additional details please contact APMG.